Hello Kitty, Goodbye Stress

Being my senior year one would think that my schedule is super light and I am just cruising by well if you think that you would be wrong. Last week, my stress got the best of me and at the last minute, I decided to flee good old Ada and travel to Columbus for a relaxing weekend.

While in Columbus, I took a day trip to Easton. I couldn’t remember the last time I was even there, but I was not disappointed. The outdoor indoor concept was a great way to help make it seem like the shops were not as busy as they actually were. During the time I was there, Easton was having artists do sidewalk chalk art, which made me sad to know that I wasn’t that artistic.

The best thing about my weekend, except for the fantastic food, was when I saw the Hello Kitty Café van. For those who don’t know someone recently opened a Hello Kitty Café in California. Basically, it’s a place were Hello Kitty lovers can go and enter the world of Hello Kitty and enjoy sweet treats during their afternoon. This van is essentially a pop-up version that travels around the United States. I didn’t know that this was supposed to be at Easton the day I was there, but it was a delightful surprise. For someone who grew up with Hello Kitty, geeking out over the van made the stress I was experiencing melt away. I ended up standing in line a buying a small souvenir but it was worth it. It is amazing what seeing something that reminds you of a past less stressful can do!

I know that this blog is meant to speak about fashion, but sometimes you have to take a break and know that everyone needs a break at times, and sometimes that break can be a weekend of relaxing and shopping!

Comments

  1. First of all, I love the new style of your blog! I've been considering rebranding my blog but haven't had the time, so kudos for that! It looks great. Secondly, I'm very jealous of the fun weekend you had at Easton Mall. Living in Columbus this summer was a true test of my willpower to save money and avoid the malls (let's just say it's not the strongest). There's nothing better than a productive day of shopping and I'm glad you were able to relieve some stress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts