Finding the Right Fit.

Last week we discussed dress clothes and a good place to purchase them. But one thing that wasn’t mentioned was finding the perfect fit. Clothes are tricky because every style, brand, and even color of clothing fit differently, which makes going shopping a nuisance. Believe me, I love going to the mall and picking out clothes, but going into a dressing room to try things on is annoying. Not to mention when you go home and take the tags off of the same style and brand of pants that you had tried on but got a different color and find that it’s a tad bigger than expected, it’s happened to me too often. So what is the trick to making this not happen? Well, there isn’t one, you just have to learn to deal with trying on everything or know to not take off the tags before you try on anything.

But when you try something on, how do you know if it works appropriately? Personally, I follow a few simple rules to make sure that I feel confident and comfortable when I put on my work clothes;
1.     Does it fit right?
a.     When I put on a skirt or a pair of pants, I always want to make sure that they fit the right way and that if I am wearing a skirt to work, that it is longer than my fingerprints.
2.     Are my shirts appropriate?
a.     I never want to walk into work with my shirt being too low cut or that it is shorter and if I raise my arms that the shirt doesn’t come up. There is nothing more annoying than constantly pulling your shirt down or questioning if you should have worn a cami today.
3.     What am I doing at work today?
a.     If I know that I am going to be running all around the hospital, I try to wear comfortable shoes. Ones that won't pinch or are not too high that when I get home I can barely walk. If I know I am going to be reorganizing a storage closet, pants are normally a must. And finally, I have an important meeting I wear one of my power suits. Something that is cute and gives me confidence.


Dressing to impress is a must, and feeling confident is a must have to succeed in the work place.

Comments

Popular Posts